[3mdeb blog]

Thoughts dereferenced from scratchpad noise

Octopress depoying problem after migrating to *.github.io

| Comments

My story was that I migrate to new environment and want to recover my octopress setup. I thought that it will be as simple as cloning my blog github repository and start to work.

First problem that I experienced was lack of octopress repository as a remote branch – it is required to update your ocotpress blog to latest code. Fix was simple:

1
git remote add octopress git://github.com/imathis/octopress.git

After updating my blog I tried to deploy new article and I get:

1
2
3
## Pushing generated _deploy website
ERROR: Repository not found.
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

I figured out that my github pages were incorrectly set, so I run rake setup_github_pages. If you’re user of github pages long enough you know that few weeks ago github decide to migrate domain from *.github.com to *.github.io. So I followed instructions in setup process and used io domain, this is incorrect. If you have github repository for your pages with com in name you should use your orginal repository address. Repository was not changed. This is obvious but I lost few minutes to figure out whats going on.

Comments